A GIF showing what it’s like to wake up with sleep paralysis.
You’re forgetting the terrifying hallucinations
As someone who’s had sleep paralysis multiple times, let me tell you that if your mind has woken up and your body hasn’t DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN YOUR EYES. Wake your body up first by slowly trying to move it, wiggle your toes and hands, then gradually work your way up until your body is fully awake. Opening your eyes when you have sleep paralysis is hard enough, but when you do there is a good chance you can see hallucinations like this.
I also have been the victim of sleep paralysis too many times, its bad enough without hallucinations, and so i thought i would add some info on sleep paralysis for anyone who suffers from it.
- As Shada said, wiggling toes and hands are good ways to snap out of it, although other small body parts work, even humming/talking (although things related to breathing might be more difficult). Just FOCUS on one part, its hard to regain control, but easy to become paralyzed again.
- Once you can move again, dont go right back to sleep, you might get paralyzed again. Or have the worst dreams of your life. Turn on a light, do something relaxing, like reading a book. Its been said that looking at a light before sleeping can prevent sleep paralysis.
- Sleeping on your back rises the chances of you getting sleep paralysis. If you get it a lot, pay attention to what position you are in when it occurs.
- Hallucinations, the best part, arent just things like in the gif above. They could be anything from just dark shapes floating around, to scary monsters and demons to sounds and feeling like something is shaking/touching you. I’ve had an experience where it felt like my bed was shaking while a metallic screeching sound roared whenever i tried to breath. Solution? ignore it. Its all you can do. Hallucinations cant actually do anything to you, and you cant move again if you’re being distracted. And once the paralysis is gone, so are the hallucinations.
- Most people dont really have to worry, they will only get it once or twice in their life. Maybe not even ever! :D
This post is incredibly important. Bolded the first point because it’s the only way I can consistently wake my body up. There was a point where I would get sleep paralysis several times a week.
That’s one way to avoid the single leg…
I wish I did that at one of my matches.
NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ricky Steamboat 
In 1989, there were perhaps no two men better suited to face off on multiple occasions quite like Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair, who warred in NWA for the duration of the year. Flair had defeated Ron Garvin for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship only four months prior to his match for the title against Steamboat, where Steamboat defeated the champion to an uproarious ovation. Although the reign was well-deserved and the fans were appreciative of the champion, Flair would regain the championship only a few months later, defeating Steamboat in what many superstars consider the greatest match of the 80’s at WrestleWar 89.
Stumbled across these fantastic depictions of the X-men that I had to share. Artist Daniel Barajas is pretty frickin impressive. I love the way he has re-imagined these characters. Check out the rest of his work, here.
Well these are some absolutely STUNNING redesigns! Amazing! Some of these are better than the characters current looks
Office supplies aren’t safe #crossfit #crossfitopen #crossfitgames #snatch #fit #fitness #fitspo
17 years ago today we lost the greatest rapper of all time. Rest In Peace 👼